2023 Health Renewal Frequently Asked Questions
1. How will Argus support my company during the 2023 health policy period?
We understand the importance of reconnecting with you in-person to support your employees’ wellbeing and empower them to make informed decisions about their health, while effectively managing costs. We are excited to partner with you to promote meaningful and sustainable lifestyle change through educational health and wellness activities, including seminars, wellness challenges, and participation in chronic disease management and preventive care programmes that appeal to a variety of lifestyles.
2. How will my company’s premium be calculated this year?
This year’s premium calculations remain the same as in previous years. Your total premium will be inclusive of the Standard Premium Rate (SPR) and your Supplementary Premium, as follows:
Standard Premium Rate (SPR)
The SPR, which includes the Mutual Reinsurance Fund (MRF) levy that Argus pays to the Government on your behalf, currently remains at $400.31 per month per insured adult.
The premiums for supplemental medical, dental, and vision care benefits are administered by Argus and adjustments will vary by company and/or account under policy and are based on:
- Your plan’s claims experience over a three-year period.
- General medical inflation.
- Group demographics.
- Trends in service utilisation.
- Claims experience for our entire book of business.
- Your benefits plan.
3. What are the 2023 health benefit enhancements?
Every year we review benefits to ensure that they meet the unique healthcare needs of our members. This year’s new benefits are as follows:
Preventative and Diagnostic
- Allergy Testing – increased from $600 Lifetime to $900 every five years
Home and Office:
- Specialist Consultation at Island Health Services and Family Practice Group covers 100% of billed charges
- Physical Medicine and Supplementary Therapies: now inclusive of Complimentary & Alternative Therapies (e.g., massage, chiropractic, osteopathy, acupuncture, and naturopathy) - increased the maximum from $75 to $85 per per visit and a combine maximum of $3,600 per policy year
- Individual Visit – increased the maximum from $75 to $85
- Group Session – increased the maximum from $35 to $40
- Chiropody/Podiatry – increased the maximum from $75 to $85 per visit
- Neuropsychological Testing – one test every two policy years with a maximum benefit $5,000.
- Specialty Network – Non-Solid Organ Transplants: to provide world class care while reducing costs for Bone Marrow, Stem Cell and CAR-T therapies
- Increased our Accommodation Benefit on all plans for care in the Argus Preferred Provider & Specialty Networks
- Student Mental Health Hotline available to students studying overseas.
 Depending on your healthcare plan.
4. What tools are available to help my employees better manage their healthcare?
Supporting your employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing is our priority. We encourage your company and employees to take full advantage of the broad range of Thrive. tools and resources, which are available at no additional cost. Our Thrive. Wellness Rewards Programme, powered by the Tictrac app, can be customised to help employees build healthy habits. Tictrac measures your activity against a weekly target of 150 active minutes. Meet this goal and we'll reward you $5 each week – that's up to $260 a year! All rewards will be paid on a quarterly basis through our electronic funds transfer service.
Contact Shakira Warner, VP of Population Health Management, at 294-5736 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how Thrive. can support your workplace wellness programme.
5. What are the benefits of using our online employer and employee portal Argus Vantage?
With Vantage, our secure online portal, you only need one username and password to view your Argus Health and Pension (if applicable) accounts.
With Vantage, you can:
- Access your Group plans, reports, administration documents as well as health and wellness resources, 24/7.
- Add and remove members and dependents, across all plan types, without the need for paper forms.
- Keep track of the status of your requests throughout the enrollment process.
- Enjoy increased privacy and data security with member records stored electronically.
- Easily search for employee and dependent details through the Manage Member option.
- Quickly download claims and census reports, and your schedule of benefits.
With Vantage, using a single username and password, your employees, their dependent(s) and spouse can obtain a total view of their Argus Health accounts. Using a desktop, tablet or smartphone, Vantage provides easy access to the tools and resources needed to help them to better manage their accounts. Vantage users can:
- Access employee benefits information 24/7.
- View health benefits.
- Submit claims online.
- View and print ID cards from home.
- Access digital wellness tools and challenges with Get Up & Thrive.
Please contact your Relationship Manager, a member of the Relationship Management Team on 298-0888 or email email@example.com to discuss your health plan options.